Acne FYI:

 What is the cause of Acne:

Acne is caused by many different things. Hormones,genetics,stress,medications, Steroids,and environmentally. (Like in the summertime I breakout a lot more because of the Heat. I sweat more and this makes my skin greasy, and more oily. Also since its warm your pores are more exposed and that makes it easier for dirt to get into your pores.)

Myths about what causes Acne:

  • Some people believe that acne just has to run its course, (this is often referred to teenagers with this unfortunate condition) But to be honest it is just a Myth! If acne is left untreated, and is sever enough, it can cause permanent damage to your skin. So with all the products out there I assure you that there is something out there that is right for you.  
  • Also Some people say that Acne is caused by poor diet or chocolate :p, but the truth is scientists have not found a connection between the things you eat and acne. Granite that a proper diet will always help your overall heath it is not mandatory thing to achieve good skin.


Treating Acne:

Treating acne is a very tricky subject because there are so many different factors that causes this condition that it cannot be targeted and treated all the same, so that explains why those amazing products such as Proactiv® Although this product may work for some, it may not be as effective for others because of the different chemistry we all have, but there are so many different ways you can treat acne that you are not doomed forever to have it with the use of a proper home care regimen that suits you. (After I went to Beauty school I took in all that I have learned and went to Ulta where I was looking for a good skin care regimen that would work for me! I was always familiar to Clinique® Products but I never really used them, just because I never took it into consideration when I was cosmetic shopping, but I was talking to the lady that worked @ the Clinique® Counter and I was explaining the Problems I was having and she recommend the 3-Step Kit with Liquid Facial Soap- Combination Oily and Oily Skin Types. It was about $53.00 w/ tax. I took it home and used the regimen Twice a Day Morning and Night. Then in about a couple weeks my skin felt so smooth and looked flawless just how I imagined it. So this might work for some of you it may not work for others. You just have to find a product that works with your chemistry.)


How to treat a minor breakout/ pimple:

First there are a few safe guidelines to removing a breakout, such as
  • Never try to remove with dirty hands.
  • Never use your finger nails to squeeze out the bacteria.
  • Always intertwine extractions with you daily skin care regimen. Most likely after cleansing.
  • After Extracting the Pimple always avoid the area so it will help with the spreading of bacteria to prevent more breakouts from occurring.
(This is my routine for when I have a pimple, so this is what I do to be safe about extracting)

The first thing I do is wash my face with my normal daily cleanser making sure I am gentle around the problem area so it wont get inflamed. Then I rinse with warm water a few times extra to make my pores open and getting it ready to extract. 

Then with a paper towel or a Kleenex use even pressure to the area. If the breakout  has not secreted after a few minutes you have done the squeezing stop and do it again the next day to prevent inflammation and damage.

After you have extracted the breakout, apply astringent with a clean Q-Tip.just to the problem area. Then with a cotton round pat your face with the astringent and avoid the extracted are to reduce the spread of bacteria. 

Then apply the lotion everywhere except the problem area.


For lager and more cystic acne please consult with your Dermatologist for proper care.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

 photo Untitledk_1.png
My name is Meagen Elizabeth I am a highly experienced Makeup Artist in the Sacramento Area. I have been doing Makeup since I was 15 and but the time I was 16 I landed an amazing opportunity to work with a well-known Hair Stylist and Designer. Since then I have done numerous shows such as Sacramento State College Annual Fashion Show, Hair Wars, Professional Photo shoots, and Featured Spots on Good Day Sacramento. When I was 17 I graduated High School and two months later went to Federico's Beauty Institute. While I was there I was awarded 1st place in the Halloween Makeup Competition, and was given knowledge and experience in the beauty Industry. After months of hard work I graduated from Beauty School and I now have a valid license as an Esthetician in the State of California, and I am currently pursuing my education as a Cosmologist at Paul Mitchell Hair Academy in Sacramento, Ca.

“Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.” - Marilyn Monroe

Popular Posts